Friday, April 10, 2009

Oprah

I have spent the majority of my life living in the Chicago area and this is the first time I got to go and see a taping of the Oprah Show. Much to my surprise, Ryan wanted to join me. He said that it was a Chicago experience and I don't blame him. I also think he was really hoping for some free stuff too. When we started to walk into the studio, they asked us to go in a different direction than everyone else. We ended up in the reserve seating. Jamie had mentioned that when we went years ago, they placed any men up front. Sure enough, that is where they took us. We went with Jamie and Milagro as well. They ended up splitting us up and putting Jamie and me in the second row and Milagro and Ryan a few rows behind us. Apparently Jamie and I were dressed brightly and they liked that. The show was on Oprah's favorite recipes and we got the chance to taste all kinds of yummy desserts. We even left with a free mix for one of the desserts. We didn't get any cars or money, but it was a cool expereince none the less.

Outside the studio next to the Oprah sign. No cameras allowed inside so this is the best we got.

No comments: