Monday, December 1, 2008

Mom Guilt

My job requires that I travel every now and again. Lately it feels like I am traveling more than I am home. I left this morning for a three day trip to Indianapolis. When Ryan picked Paige up from daycare today, she asked about me. Ryan told her that I was working and would be gone for a few days. She then asks him why. He tells her that I have to work so I can get nice things for her. She reponds with "I don't want those things, I want Mommy." I didn't realize that I could cry so quickly. I'm even tearing up just writing about it. She's 2 dang it! She isn't supposed to make those connections just yet. She sure knows how to tug on my heart strings. Luckily she loves to talk on the phone so when I call home, she will tell me about her day and other random things going on in the world of a two year old. That helps a bit but just makes me sad when she says "I love you Mommy. I be a good girl. See you soon." What a sweet little girl. I can't wait to get home and squeeze her.

No comments: