Sunday, December 7, 2008

Never too young for chores


Ever since there was an inkling for snow, Paige has wanted to shovel. We walk passed our shovels every day when we go out to the car and she asks if she can shovel. When I was at Target last week, I saw that they sold little shovels and I couldn't pass it up. Paige was so excited to have her own shovel even though we hadn't had the need to use it just yet. Well, Paige woke up yesterday and was thrilled that she could put her new shovel to use. We got her all bundled up and off she went. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. Ryan was out there too and he was quite impressed with her work. We were lucky because the snow was really light so she was able to do it. There may be some frustration when we get a heavy snow. She enjoyed herself so much we couldn't get her in the car. We kept telling her it was time to go and she would reply "No Mommy, I not done yet!" The only way we could get her in the car was if she took the shovel with her to Poppa and Grandmas. When we arrived to Poppa and Grandmas, she was sad to see they had already shoveled but they were going to find a way to make her happy. There is always enough snow to go around. Ryan and I are thrilled that she loves to shovel. Not only does this kid shovel, she sets the table, cleans up her toys, loves throwing things in the garbage. Once she can clean the bathroom, I will be a happy camper, he he. The best part is she thinks it is all fun! I'm dreading the day when she realizes it isn't fun. But for now, Paige can be thrilled with the fact that she is like Cinderella, without the evil step mother.
Taking such pride in her work.



2 comments:

Mindy said...

Isn't this great?! I bought Ella a kid's broom and mop for Christmas, plus a duster from the dollar store. We have to watch her to make sure she only throws away actual garbage. Paige looks so adorable bundled in her snow clothes!

Anonymous said...

Summer vacations at Crazy Grammy's in Maine...she can do my housework for me while I lie around the pool . LOL