Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend of Birthday Fun


So I'm 31 now and I'm not sure when that all happened. The good news is that I have made it this far and I hope to have many more birthdays. Most of you know, I LOVE my birthday and the countdown begins on Christmas day. I decided that this year I wanted to go and do something for my birthday. Ryan and I had a date night on Friday. We sent Paige off to my parents and we headed downtown to have dinner and then to see Monty Pythons Spamalot. We had a great time even though our walk from dinner to the show was a bit colder than either of us had anticipated. The next day we had a family bowling night and my parents and siblings were there with their families. We had a great time. After bowling we headed back to my parents to enjoy the birthday cake that Paige and Grandma made for me. It was very yummy! Today is my actual birthday and I have nothing planned. I may even stay in my PJ's all day because I can.

Mandy and Ryan waiting for Spamalot to start

Here we are at Pinstripes. We were excited to learn that their bowling shoes came in toddler sizes and that they had ramps for the little kids to use to help their game. Paige was insistent on carrying her own bowling ball. After many tries of trying to lift the pink ball (10 lbs), she finally gave in and used the 6 lb blue one because she could carry it. The really sad part is that I am so bad at bowling, my 2 year old almost beat me; I beat her by one point. I'm a sad sack bowler.


Throwing her whole body into it.

Paige and Milagro enjoying the hair blower...I mean hand blower. Paige and Lilly really thought it was quite fantastic.

Waiting to see how many pins she knocks down. When the pins fall down, Paige does a dramatic fall to the ground as well.

Uncle Adam showing Paige an alternate use for the ramp. She thought using it as a slide was a much better idea. That Uncle Adam, so creative.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad I share my birthday with such an awesome woman! You really enjoyed your birthday this year - I'm impressed. I'm a terrible bowler too. Your little Paige is so cute! I wish we lived closer together so the girls could hang out! We've got to plan to get together when the weather warms up a bit. I really want to make the trip when Ezra is a bit older.