Monday, February 9, 2009

On the road again...

In my job, I find that my travel schedule goes in cycles. I am either at home all the time or I am on the road all the time. I am currently on the road and there seems to be quite a bit in the near future as well. I was most recently in Little Rock, AR for our all-staff offsite. It was a great opportunity to spend time face-to-face with my colleagues. Working from a home office, I do miss the human interaction with each other. The downside to this is that I end up away from my family. I am finding that it is getting harder to leave my Paigey. Now that she is older, she is starting to understand what is happening. The hard part is that she still can't comprehend the why part. I am away because I need to work, not because I don't want to be with her. We talked on the phone every night and she told me about her day. That I just loved. I would tear up every night when she would squeal in excitement just to hear my voice and then tear up again when she would say ni-nights and tell me that she loved me. Ryan and Paige had a great time together. As much as Ryan complains about having to handle it alone, he does a fantastic job and they enjoy their time together. Of course the day after I left, Paige ended up with her first ear infection. So off to see Dr. Shah they went to get a check up. Luckily the medicine kicked in pretty quick and her ears are great. The last night I was gone, Ryan rolled over at about 6am to find Paige in my side of the bed tucked in and snoring away. Neither of them can tell you how long she was there but she was quite comfy. She has never slept in our bed before so Ryan was shocked. He was also so in love with his little girl that he didn't wake her. Was she missing Mommy or wanting to snuggle with Daddy? Regardless of the answer, it was too cute.

At the very end of that trip, I received news that one of my schools was chosen by ESPN for an interview on the state of physical education in schools. This is such an honor for this school and I am very excited about the recognition they will be receiving. I am not thrilled about the fact that I was asked to join her and be interviewed as well. The thought of being interviewed by a reporter for a national story makes me very, very nervous! I never have had a desire to be in TV and I am just hoping that my interview doesn't make the final cut. They are spending a whole day with 3 different schools and then condensing it down to a 30 special. My chances of being cut are great. Plus, they story should be about the school, not about what I am doing with the schools. We shall see. Needless to say, I am homesick and I can't wait to get back to my hubbie and baby. Luckily I am only gone for the day. The Mom Guilt is definitely setting in. I am happy that I did get the opportunity to enjoy the weekend with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting news about the interview ! Don't be nervous...you will be fabulous...just remember to do what SallY Struthers told me to do...tilt your head and smile . LOL