Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Holiday Classic


Ryan and I were both very excited about watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" last night with Paige. Now that she is a bit older, she can make it through the whole thing and get it. Little did we realize how much she would LOVE it. She laughed through the whole thing. We actually got a really cute video of it but I'm not patient enough to upload it. I tried and 2 hours later, still not finished. Anyway, she was a huge fan. She really loved that Daddy was lying on the bed with her watching and laughing with her. She asked about it this morning when she first got up "Watch Charlie Brown pumpkin Mommy? Snoopy so silly." Since she actually slept in this morning (until 7am!) we didn't have time before she went to school. Ryan said that she was talking about it to her teacher at school when she got there. I have a feeling we will be watching it again tonight.

Having a child just reminds us how much fun the holidays are supposed to be. It helps us forget the stressful part and just spend time together. Now we are really excited for all the fun Christmas specials to arrive. I know it will be here before we know it. We'll be carving our pumpkins tonight and having a great time I'm sure.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Don't you love sharing things you loved from your childhood with your little girl? I especially love reading my favorite books with Ella. One of my favorite sounds is listening to Ella and Tim laugh together at "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh."

Erin Stewart (aka Ree Ree) said...

I wish that I could be there to watch with you guys :-(
Atleast I might be able to catch some Christmas Classics with you!!!