Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Paige the Painter

Paige received an art easel for her birthday from Crazy Grammy. We were sad that we didn't have a chance to use it while she was here since Grammy loves to paint too. Since Paige and I had the day off yesterday, we decided to take advantage of the amazingly warm weather (high 70's in Oct) and bring the easel out to paint. Little did we realize that it was in many pieces in the box. So, we spent the next hour or so putting it together. She really wanted to help and loved the fact that I had a hammer and screw driver out. We may have to invest in plastic tools for her because she was quite upset with me that I wouldn't let her play with a real hammer. Anyway, once that was completed, off we went. We dragged all the tools out into our front lawn. Paige was in heaven. She just loved painting. She made many different paintings and really loved to tell me the colors she was using. Amazingly she didn't get as messy as I had anticipated. The only sad part was packing everything up so we could go inside and start cooking dinner. She loved it so much that when Ryan got home, she was up in the window yelling out to him and he was coming into the house that she painted with red, blue and lellow (or yellow) paints. She was very proud of herself, as was I.

Working very hard to hold the paper down while painting. It was a bit windy, but not enough to keep her from painting.


Why not use my hands to paint? This is much more fun!

Not nearly as messy as I had thought. Only a few drops in her hair and on her face. Her hands and shirt, that is another story

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This looks like so much fun! You need to get her an art smock. They use them at the library art time here and they're a life saver.